If Your AC breaker keeps giving you tension by tripping and you are not quite sure why then this article is for you. Here I am going to talk Why Does The Breaker Keep Tripping On My Air Conditioner about the probable reason for the Air Conditioner Breaker Trips.
The issue we keep having is whenever the unit comes on the breaker trips. If you want to understand why the breaker is tripping, you have to follow the purpose of a breaker. So, I am going to help you to understand and solve this particular issue. An automatically operated electrical switch is called a circuit breaker that is designed to guard an electrical circuit against damage, which can be caused by excess current.
Why Does The Breaker Keep Tripping On My Air Conditioner
This happens Why Does The Breaker Keep Tripping On My Air Conditioner more likely from a short circuit or an overload. It primarily interrupts the current flow when a fault or mechanical issue is detected. So, let’s say you have your AC on and your circuit breakers are in the position.
If it senses a problem like a short circuit or a fault, it will trip. And when it trips, it will turn itself off. Now the breaker will be somewhat like halfway; it won’t completely turn off. That’s how you know it will be tripped, but you will know because it will be halfway it won’t be in the on position.
A lot of times, when a breaker trips, somebody will come back, and then they will just put it back, and then usually, as tight passes intermittently, it will turn on and off, and it happened more rapidly.
So, if you are having that problem, you have to diagnose why your breaker is tripping.
- First of all, turn your AC on.
- Make sure the AC is on auto mode.
- The breaker is in its trip position, so go ahead and turn that off.
- Now turn it on again.
- Be careful because it will trip right away.
I hope you have understood now how it trips and gets turned off. Please do not try this more than twice. This is the method you should use if you want to check if your breaker is working correctly or not. Do not keep hitting the switch several times; it will because you burn the whole system.
If the diagnosis system works appropriately, then you can relax. But if the breaker keeps tripping even after this, you should watch more closely to see what is causing the breaker to trip.
There are some other methods too, which you can apply to identify the reason for your tripping breaker. Like-
- You can use your multimeter to test your compressor.
- Disconnect the wiring to your compressor, then flip the breaker and turn the switch back on.
Let’s Check This Process Step By Step-
- Make sure to remove the fuse or disconnect from the actual condensing unit first.
- Then remove the fan motor and push it over to the side.
- Expose the wiring through the compressor.
- Now you may see there is a little latch.
- Use a flathead screwdriver and pop the latch and remove the cover.
- Then pull on the compressor and turn the AC unit on and check if the breaker trips.
Well, an air conditioner usually trips the breaker because it’s pulling in more amps than the breaker is rated for. That is if you have a 20-amp breaker and the AC pulls 30 amps, the breaker trips. That’s why breakers trip: to protect you from overcurrents that can damage equipment and cause fires (yikes).
You might also like:
- How To Unlock A Push Lock Door From The Outside
- Can A Daybed Be Used as A Couch
- Can a Headboard Be Wider or Smaller Than the Bed
- How To Cut Wooden Blinds
- How To Build A Police Gear Rack
- Can You Have Two Different Accent Chairs In A Living Room
- How To Clean A Chimney Without A Brush
So hope you find this article, Why Does The Breaker Keep Tripping On My Air Conditioner helpful make sure you have someone around when you perform this process because the electricity might be fatal if it comes in contact.